What kind of magic spell to use
to eviscerate my enemies and secure the realm?
Original static manip
→ What the Internet's Most Infamous Trolls Tell Us About Online Feminism
You know you’re someone important when the trolls go after you
Did I get some Buffy goodness into TFIOS movie? You know I did.
Of course two cancer kids in love ship Bangel. The star-crossed lovers cliche was too much of a temptation, wasn’t it?
Sister Rosemary Nyirumbe and Stephen Colbert talk about the abduction of schoolgirls in Nigeria and the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls
I need feminism because:
When a boy likes superheroes:
- He’s supposed to want to protect others.
- Superheroes teach boys how to be men.
- Boys are supposed to be rough and save damsels in distress.
When a girl likes superheroes:
- She only watches it because he’s hot.
- She’s a “fake geek girl.”
- She’s doing it to impress a guy.
I’m fucking sick and tired of getting stares from guys every time I walk into a Marvel movie. No, I’m not fucking there because he’s hot. I actually enjoy the storyline and the characters you dipshit.
Would you like to know why I enjoy sci-fi and fantasy films so much? It’s because of women like Black Widow, Wonder Woman, The Phoenix, Storm, Cat Woman, Maria Hill, Invisible Woman, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Mystique, Lady Sif, Frigga, and Scarlett Witch. Because in their universes, they’re equal to men. They get treated like they’re actually worth more than their boobs and butt. They kick ass and are respected by their teammates. Are you sure you’re not there just because they’re hot?
- Tony Stark taught me how to rise above my anxiety and depression.
- Steve Rogers taught me to fight for what I believe in.
- Thor taught me that at the end of the day, family is family.
- Bruce Banner taught me to never let my fears control me.
- Natasha Romanoff taught me to never let my past define me.
- Sif taught me that it’s never just a boys game.
- James “Logan” Howlett taught me to keep moving forward.
- Professor Charles Xavier taught me that tolerance is the best weapon.
- Peter Parker taught me you’re never too young to make a difference.
Shall I continue?
So yes, I am watching a Marvel movie in the theater. Because I want to watch it in the fucking theater like the rest of you, instead of hiding in my house to avoid the criticism.
And to the dude who sat behind me during The Winter Soldier: Steve is from Brooklyn, not fucking Queens.
The “Fake geek girl.”
Stop it with the Captain Swan gifs. I have no time for another ship.
→ Fund set up for family of Richmond boy killed protecting sister
A memorial fund has been set up for the family of a Richmond boy who was killed trying to protect his sister from a rapist.
Please share this post far and wide. And if you can help, please do so. Thank you.
"His username is Patroclus. His password is also Patroclus."
Buffy’s not amused.
“The world is overflowing with horrible things, but they’re all a tray of cakes next to death.”
Suggestions for X-Files opening titles.
Eric Matthews is my hero